Measurements not adding up

mjocol

I am having an issue with my measurements adding up.

Set outside measurement including wall 31'6"

Exterior walls are set to 1'

Interior measurement should be 29'6" but instead it's showing as 29' 7/8"

I've tried everything to get the correct inside measurement but not luck 

Any suggestions?

Looks to me that everything is as it should be. Your exterior dimensions are to the framing and your interior dimensions are to the drywall.  If you change your dimension defaults as Eric is suggesting everything should work for you.

Sorry I looked at that too quickly.  It is the exterior dimensions that will have to be adjusted to the wall surface and also you may need to reduce the size of your building that same amount.

Try using a Concrete Wall 12" thick.  Then the dimensions should do exactly what you want.  As you had it originally, the dimensions were to the Exterior Face of the Framing.  This is normal drafting standards for wood frame construction. 

Wood Studs are generally 3-1/2" or 5-1/2".  To create a 12" thick wall it would only be logical to use 2 layers of studs and an air gap between them.  IAE, specifying which layers to dimension to and setting the dimension default to match what you want is critical.

Once you have your defaults set for interior and also exterior as Eric posted then just re dimension and the select the wall that needs to move and then go to the dimension that needs to change then when the hand appears select and input the correct value. 

My lumber yard does not stock 2 x 10 9/16" material for studs.  They said they could special order them, but I would have to buy five carloads.

My framing sub has asked that I stop specifying them, because his guys only have quarters and eighths on their tapes.  They said those little six-teeny things all wore off.