Long lag time in X6

pjbuilder

Curious to see if anyone else has had this problem or has any idea what's causing it.  In the attached small remodeling plan I'm working on, when I click on any wall in plan view to edit, it's taking 2-4 seconds for the handles to appear.  Another plan I did in X6 does not have the same issue.  I've never seen this before in any previous versions.  When I click on fixtures, rooms, and dimensions, the handles appear pretty much immediately as they usually do. I did send the plan to support today and they suggested it was some of the fills/hatching I had in some wall layers so I eliminated them with still no success.  If you open the plan, go to the second floor to see the area I'm working on.

Thanks

Monahan 3.plan

It's not the wall hatching.

It's the 4 basins you have inserted into the base cabinets.

I think it is the face count contained in the symbol - over 6000 faces.

Use a different basin.

Glenn,  was there an quick way to find the issue or did you just start selecting items until you found the problem.  

Glenn,  was there an quick way to find the issue or did you just start selecting items until you found the problem.  

d dot,

The techniques I use have been passed down to me by powers beyond my understanding and are a mystery to myself........blah, blah...

In this case I checked the walls on the ground floor and determined that they weren't causing the problem.

I then copied and pasted walls between floors and checked the wall hatching and determined that it wasn't the walls or the hatching causing the problem.

I checked through the floor settings and couldn't see a problem there.

I had an inkling that it was probably a corrupt symbol so it didn't take long to find the culprit.

As I deleted each instance of the basin, the wall selection sped up incrementally.

When all 4 basins were deleted, things were back to normal.

The whole process took about 5+ mins.

I wonder if Chief is looking for any support staff?

Ah, I just noticed that this forum is autosaving as we type a post.

There is another feature missing from this board that I can't find or isn't obvious.

With the old board, you could tell who was on line by a colored dot next to their name.

I can't find the same thing here.