New Cabinet Specialty Storage catalog

scottharris

Very nice. Since I yet have to become a member by posting 10 posts and I have a question now, I'm hoping it is acceptable that I pose it here. I am a relatively new user.

I'm looking at a dining table symbol with a runner, but can't figure out how to edit it to have more than 6 chairs. I'd like something like 12 but the only way has been to scale the whole symbol. There is obviously a difference between a cad block and a symbol but can't I edit symbols? Also, am I right to assume that there are no parametric symbols in CA?

Nic

That depends on the symbol you are using? You can not edit a Symbol -- only remakeit. But a number of table combinations in the library are NOT a single symbol but architectural blocks which can be exploded and the chairs moved and copied. The tables can then be scaled -- so with some effort you could make your own version out of some of the Chief offerings.

Thanks, I tried another symbol and that one could as you say be exploded into its components. However, not the one I chose first, 'dining table with runner', so how would I remake it since I can't seem to get it split into components and lines?

Unfortunately you picked the one in which the table/chairs are one symbol and the light fixture another, so you can’t explode these further than that. Take a look at the bonus catalog under grouped dining rooms. There are several there. You can explode a couple and then mix and match chairs and tables as you like. Then regroup. Several of the chairs will allow you to change materials separately for the seat and legs. Search the library and you can add accessories to the table as you like to produce the runner effect.

Where do we get notifications that these new catalogs are available?  I stumbled across this one in here but it seems as if I only find out about them by accident.  Once in a while I'll see something on FaceBook, but rarely.

Shouldn't we get emails or something when a new download comes out?

AFAIK - Cjhief does not e-mail a notification when new catalogs are  issued . They do, however, usually anounce them under their anouncement thread.. so if you monitor this forum, you should see any new catalog notifications.

Once you load a catalog, if you do a update, it will update any out of date catalogs but will not load new catalogs.

CA has NOT been very consistent about notifications

it is a constant quessing game to review the avail libs on their website

and determine if you have "everything"

the library tools in chief will keep existing libs updated by offers no help

for missing or new libs

I have suggested for many releases that the library update tool give a list of

all the missing libs and ask if we want to download them

by giving checkbox's so we can pick and choose or choose ALL

it would also be nice to have expected counts so that we can verify that we

are all the items for each library

it would also be nice if we could organize the bonus and manuf libs to match

the folder structure on CA's website

I was told by CA a few releases ago that these were good ideas but ???

Lew

AFAIK - Cjhief does not e-mail a notification when new catalogs are  issued . They do, however, usually anounce them under their anouncement thread.. so if you monitor this forum, you should see any new catalog notifications.

Once you load a catalog, if you do a update, it will update any out of date catalogs but will not load new catalogs.

I get a monthly newsletter and there is always a link to the new catalog of the month.

I get a monthly newsletter and there is always a link to the new catalog of the month.

Scott:

but CA has released them at other times and they don't always issue an annoucement

CA also updates them on a regular basis

while the Library update tool will catch the updates

I still have no way of knowing which .CALIBZ files to download

as I like to save all of them also

when X6 beta was released I downloaded EVERY X5 bonus and manuf lib .calibz

one by one by one and it was a very tedious process

with the X5 library current I then installed X6 and it migrated everything then a quick update and X6 was current

yet, I had to go thru EVERY lib on CA's website again using the little "info" icon looking for .CALIBZ libs for X6 to download

THEN, two days before Xmas my computer died during an icestorm

ALL the .CALIBZ files were LOST

I thought I could order a current X5 library DVD

but no, it dates back to the beginning of X5 and is thus worthless at this point

not sure I will ever take the time to do that again :(

Lew

Glenn:

I suppose they could be used for that, or possibly canned goods or any number of other things.  Like I said, I have never seen that style used anywhere.  I even went online and did some searching and couldn't find anything similar.