Rookie Mistakes

StephenGreene

Hey guys and gals... I just purchased CA a few weeks ago and I must say that I am truly impressed with the capabilities of this program, thanks to the OUTSTANDING work I've seen in this forum -some truly amazing work which only makes me realize that I have a long, long way to go.

I had no trouble with my first plan -a very basic single story home. The second is a different story as there are a few things I can't seem to fix. First is missing or incomplete frieze boards -particularly in the gables. Second, I can not figure out how to generate the missing angular wall sections of the second floor dormer and at least one of the main half gables. Third, I don't understand why CA won't generate a full return (or any for that matter) in the half-gable on the outer LAUNDRY wall. I'm sure there are other questions that I might have but those seem to be my main concerns for the time being.

Thanks for any help and advice.

SWG

RWL.plan

Many, many thanks to both Eric and David for taking so much of their valuable time to teach this old dog a few tricks. I can't believe I didn't think about pushing the siding out just past the brick (to generate the frieze in the gables). After 35 years of framing/building, you'd think I'd know better. I was also wondering why I could not manually edit frieze...now I know.