Where to draw CAD details

Diamond-built

Hello,

Where do I draw my Cad details for the house plans. Where exactly in the program do I go onto to be able to write out the Cad details. I want to be able to save the CAD detail to the library for future use? 

Thank you!

43 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

Be prepared for multiple answers. 

For me...I use live details. See my process in post #2 of this thread.

Joey...wondering why you would take the time to send a live detail of a standard foundation section instead of using a detail from a detail plan?  

I realize you have saved the details for similar sections in your library....wondering if this include the text at the proper scale?  It seems to me that unless the foundation is something A-typical...you could just use a standard detail already created and to scale?  Same for wall sections...

I ask...because I'm sure you have given this a lot of thought...and you've come to the conclusion that this is the best method.  I think we can all learn from your process...so, hopefully you will provide us all some insight.   

Thanks!

Joey...wondering why you would take the time to send a live detail of a standard foundation section instead of using a detail from a detail plan?

One plan per project. I know some use multiple plans. A plan for this, a plan for that...too much. I want to be able to click on a view in layout and be sent to the exact spot on my model. All the text and CAD items are in the library, so it's still drag and drop, but the detail is live. I'm sure my method takes a little longer in the end, but I'm ok with it.