Does the 3D-viewer-invite work if forwarded?

GeneDavis

Anyone can download the viewer.  I believe you can get to it from Chief's website.

And if a homeowner has your plan they can forward it on to someone else and they can now look at your plan.

2 hours ago, HamlinBC said:

And if a homeowner has your plan they can forward it on to someone else and they can now look at your plan.

This is true only if they also own and use the same version of Chief that you created the file in OR they can download a copy of the Client Viewer or Demo Version. There is no way to make it completely proprietary, you either trust them or not. I never share files with another without first being retained or paid. I have never been screwed or lost a design contract by sharing .plan files with others to date since around 1999, you do what seems best for your purposes always.

DJP

I think OP is talking about forwarding the URL link to the 3D model and not the App. And yes anyone can forward that link and they will be able to open the model up in their browser to view. 

I've yet to see a customer go through all the hoops and loops to download the app when they can simply use the web browser on their desktop or laptop.