Railing Wall Fill not showing?

ACADuser

In the railing specification under newels/banister, there is an option to select plan display and choose whatever fill you want.  It however, does not change anything.  This seems like the place it would happen but apparently not.

I've never tried doing what you're trying to do so I haven't explored the options a whole lot, but I think this looks like a job for the Hatch Wall tool.  The Hatch Wall will add a hatch that is the width of your main layer.  If you want to also display the outside lines of the wall then you'll probably want to check Draw Rails also. 

1 hour ago, javatom said:

In the railing specification under newels/banister, there is an option to select plan display and choose whatever fill you want.  It however, does not change anything.  This seems like the place it would happen but apparently not.

Yea I tried that too with nothing showing in the Hatch window.

Thanks for trying.

3 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

Also it seems that you can not change the default Wall Hatch pattern.

You need to update each one you create.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks Michael

You bet, and you are correct.  There is no accessible default setting for the Hatch Wall tool.  It's something that has been requested multiple times.  For now, I think the best you can do is set one to the way you want it and then use the Object Eyedropper tool to change future wall hatches.  

You can use the wall hatch tool then select it and change it, but there are no defaults for it. If you want all your walls to default to a fill, change the fill in your wall defaults and every wall of that type will fill with a pattern.

I have a Railing/Fence Wall that I want a different hatch.

The Insulation Fill will not show in plans view.

OK, I'm a little confused, why do you want to display insulation in a railing?  This is not something I have seen before.

Currently, normal railings do not display the information for the wall type.  Solid railings (or half walls) will display the wall type.  In a normal railing, the wall type is mostly used for situations where your railing creates a portion of a wall either above or below the railing and normally does not display in plan view. 

Normal railings can display the railing details though.  If you want to include a fill style for the railing components you can do this by changing the fill style in the Plan Display section of the Newel/Baluster panel of the Railing Specification dialog.

You can also use a wall hatch on a railing.  There are no defaults for the wall hatch tool.  If you need to change the fill style for your wall hatching, just place them all and then marque select them to change them all at once.

Also, the plan you posted has the "Walls, Layers" layer turned off in display options.  Even normal wall types will not display fill styles when the wall layers are turned off.

4 hours ago, javatom said:

I forgot one part.  You have to also check "draw rails" and it will then display as you want.

• Upvote 1

Thanks all.

The insulation hatch was just something I used to be different. And I should have looked at the new plan I dropped the wall into. I was actually working on a large plan & did not want to upload it. Wall layers were on in that plan. Thanks for looking though.

Two problems caused me to fail at displaying the hatch in the Wall.

One was the

You have to also check "draw rails" and it will then display as you want.

and the other? I did not select a color that would display.

CA Railings2.JPG