drawing cleanup

djhplanning

I'm curious if something got messed up in the most recent update.  I dont remember this many people commenting on sluggish files before.  Granted, Chief has never been zippy with large files, but there seems to be an unordinary amount of forum discussion on the matter lately.

12 minutes ago, johnny said:

I'm curious if something got messed up in the most recent update.  I dont remember this many people commenting on sluggish files before.  Granted, Chief has never been zippy with large files, but there seems to be an unordinary amount of forum discussion on the matter lately.

I've noticed the sluggishness recently, as well. Nothing to document though.

Big, complicated drawings that contain lots of line entities and 3D faces will always be a little sluggish (that is the rule which applies to all versions). Try to keep your .plan files lean and mean, minimize using symbols that contain high "face counts" to make them more "artistic or realistic" (symbols from 3D warehouse often have unnecessarily high face counts BTW) to minimize that but if you cannot, don't worry about it.

What makes a file "large" is that each pixel or particle of visual elements is plotted digitally using "statements" of each particles "X-Y-Z" coordinate locations which after a while makes a lot of "Zeros and Ones" and it is the accumulation of this verbiage which makes files large in terms of megabytes and requires more computer heavy lifting and time to parse on screen per second. It is simple physics.

Even if you do not own a Super Computer you still can do SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

DJP