Lines on elevations?

ChiefuserLarkin

Usually just a wall that is not quite correct, sometimes you can regenerate the wall and it will fix itself or you can edit in 3D and unwrap the wall polylines.  Hard to know for sure with out seeing the plan.  Also easier to get good help if you post the version you are running along with your critical computer specs, you can put that all in your signature and keep it updated.  Also there is a free tool in windows 10 called the "Snipping Tool" works great for screen shots and saves the hassle of using your phone unless of course you system has frozen.

As Chop says, those lines are usually the result of a slightly incorrect wall setting.  It might be one of the wall structure settings, a wall alignment issue, one of the wall's roof settings, etc.  Very difficult to hazard a guess without seeing the plan.  I usually fix these situations in one of 4 ways though...

1. Fix the wall setting.  This can be difficult to track down sometimes.  You have to figure out both the offending wall(s) and the offending setting(s).  Sometimes Chief just has a glitch under certain circumstances and with certain connections and in those cases I have to move along to some workarounds...
  2. Reshape the wall polyline(s) in elevation.  Often times the extra lines are the result of Chief overlapping wall polylines.  In those cases I figure out how the walls are overlapping, I create a CAD Detail From View in order to copy and paste a snap point, and then I reshape the appropriate wall(s) so that they are no longer overlapping.
  3. I use a Wall Material Region or Custom Backsplash (depending on the situation).  You can often times fix the problem by selecting one of the 2 aforementioned tools, clicking once on the offending wall and just adding a thin material region to mask the problem lines.  
  4. My last resort is to draw a polyline solid to mask the problem.  There are a number of ways to go about this but I usually use a CAD Detail From View, trace things, and then Copy/Paste Hold Position my polyline(s) from that back to the elevation view and convert to polyline solid.  Sometimes you can also start with the material region, convert that to a plain polyline, and then convert that to a polyline solid.  I usually use boolean operations to speed up the above processes as well.  The basic idea though is similar to the material region idea...just create a thin wall covering to mask the problem lines.

1 hour ago, johnny said:

Just an FYI.

When you hear the term "screen shot" it doesn't typically mean using your digital camera to take a photo of your screen.  You can do the whole thing digitally...

The Snipping tool that's bundled with Windows is much easier imo ;) 

6 minutes ago, DavidJames said:

The Snipping tool that's bundled with Windows is much easier imo ;) 

True...  i was just giving him some place to start so he didn't think he had to get his camera out every time he wanted to take a screen shot.