X9 Symbols and Textures

HamlinBC

So I have something that I'm working on for our crew of draftspeople here.  I'm creating some "general" fire place symbols that we can use and can resize quickly to roughly show homeowners.

With this, I created my first symbol and went to a 3D view and created the symbol under Tools>Symbol>Convert to Symbol.  It looks great, I went into the details (specifically stretch planes) and set them correctly so that it adjusts and still looks somewhat accurate.

The problem is, is that my stone texture looks all wrong.  It either smashes the texture down or stretches it way out.

It seems like it should just keep the texture the same and it would just keep tiling it as needed.

Is there something that I'm missing, or doing incorrectly?

I've attached a plan and also some 3D shots of what I'm talking about.

Untitled 1.zip

3d1.jpg

3d2.jpg

3d3.jpg

Thinking a little more on this...why wouldn't there be a "Global Symbol Mapping" on the actual symbol?

This way, I would be able to specify any texture I want and wouldn't have to worry that it was selected each time.

4 hours ago, HamlinBC said:

Thinking a little more on this...why wouldn't there be a "Global Symbol Mapping" on the actual symbol?

This way, I would be able to specify any texture I want and wouldn't have to worry that it was selected each time.

That certainly would be nice in cases like this. I couldn't figure out why it behaved the way it does.