Portland, OR - HD PRO Setup/Default help urgently needed

Kuzara

Need help in Portland OR area getting current HD Pro defaults set up for my project on a Mac.

I would love to play with this software like a game but I need to submit plans soon if I am to turn any dirt this summer.

I am a (pounding head on desk) complete HD noob designing a single story open floorpan ICF (insulated concrete form) home.

I do not want someone to hand over complete documents since it is my goal to learn this software and explore alternatives for this and future projects.

The defaults are definitely messing up my attempts to create plans for ICF construction.

Thanks

590388a030a73_NEView.thumb.png.8d57133c07387100c0904a97f55a03e8.png

Pro 2017 Build 18.3.2.2OSX

Walls protruding through other walls, tops of walls refusing to line up with roofline as if pitch of wall is different than pitch of roof, objects like windows snapping to locations other than where I place them, inability to edit dimensions by selecting the dimension number, different foundations under different rooms, different finishes on different walls...

I presume that now that I have created this abomination and have some idea of the layout that I want, I should start a new build from scratch with all of the correct defaults.

I  fervently hope that I can save wall cross sections and custom doors and windows under my names so I don't have to edit and create them from scratch every time.

None of videos seem to cover saving a custom wall or window configuration but them I am a complete noob.

My guess is that "Seeking Services" gets you to ChiefTalk is because CA intended that it be a resource for people looking for a professional Designer or Architect.  I don't think "Seeking Services" was ever intended as a Q&A or Help system for learning how to use the software.  CA actually has training courses if that's what you are looking for.  It's a good idea to read the purpose of each Forum to determine where to post.