Windows from left slider to sf etc...

Alessio

Can anyone help

in x8 I could modify the Material.dat file to change a left slider to a slide fix  or Fs or SFS depending on which slider I would use

in x9 I cant find the material.dat file anywhere to make the required changes

does anyone know  how to achieve these changes in X9 Premier

• 6 years later...
8 minutes ago, brookesdesign said:

I'm looking for an answer for this also.  I'm want my Left Slider windows to be labeled as XO and right sliders as OX.  

For doors, you need a macro that looks at %swing_side% and %hinge_side% and creates conditional macros based on those values.
For windows its a simple conditional replacement where you look for %type_code% and then report conditional string "XO" for type code "LS" or OX for type code "RS"

12 minutes ago, brookesdesign said:

Thanks Rene.  Forgive my ignorance but the last time I programed anything was in "Basic" on my Atari 800XL in 1985.  If %type code% = "LS" then print "XO".  How do I type that in macro format and do I insert it under "Specify Label"?

Create a new macro in TMM and name it whatever you like, simple to name is winSuffix...then paste this code and check evaluate and change context to owner object
Keep in mind this retains all other labeling conventions from type code that fall outside of Left sliding and right sliding.
Put this in your window label as follows: %FormattedOpeningWidth%%FormattedOpeningHeight%%winSuffix%
Note:I like to use downcase for future-proofing

# Copyright Rabbitt Design 2023

# CHECKING THE PUBLISHER VALUES FOR TYPE_CODE
# CHECK THE DOWNCASED VALUE AND ASSIGN winSuffix ACCORDINGLY
if type_code.downcase == 'ls'
  winSuffix = "XO"
elsif type_code.downcase == "rs"
  winSuffix = "OX"
else
  winSuffix = type_code
end

winSuffix