Export to .3ds or .dae with arched windows or doors does't work.

amddrafting

I've had issues with this in the past and am wondering if anyone has ever had luck with this situation.

If you have any arched (rounded) door or window the door or window will be deleted from the model when imported to sketchup from a .3ds file.  If you export to .dae file it will have an error pop up that says "import failed" and doesn't import at all.

The only way I have found it to work is to export to .DWG, but the textures don't export that way.  So I have to open a new file, copy the wall with the arched window and door.  Export those to .dwg and them import them into sketchup, delete the walls leaving only the window / door and then move it into the model of the house where it was left out.  Obviously this is ridiculously tedious and completely ridiculous.  Am I missing something, can someone verify this, if so can we get this fixed please?

v8 in Sketchup?  Interesting this is what happens when I import arched windows, you'll see even the casing doesn't import.  The casing over the garage was a molding polyline so it stayed but you'll see that the window and sill are gone.  This is Sketchup 2017 been happening to me since 2014 version.  Imports fine in Lumion BTW

Window Issue.jpg

I mainly use .3ds to export to Sketchfab and have never had any problems what so ever. When I dabbled with Lumion I got best results using .dae files. In short I cannot verify any problems with arched windows, doors when exporting such files. You should be able to turn off the 3D face vertices that I am seeing in your screen shot, they are certainly unwanted visuals.

DJP