Suspended Garage slab

dsyoud

I am trying to create garage foundation walls to support 8" preformed cement slabs for a room under the garage. The manufacturer recommends a 12" foundation shelf inside the stem walls to suspend the slab and then be able to pour the 4" garage floor slab on top. I am struggling finding a way to create this type of foundation wall showing the shelf. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I never use the floor structure for garages, since the code requires them to slope towards the main door, I use roofs.

Create a roof plane, edit all defaults to concrete size and materials, play around on how to place it inside the garage floor area without cutting wall surfaces, etc, lower the garage door accordingly, layer it under slabs. 

Don't forget to use the footing under the walls to the desired size.

Besides that all my stoops, patios, porches, balconies, use the same approach.

Here is the manufacturer's architectural section of the concrete panel suspended on the shelf. I can use this on the details page, but I would like to actually draw it in the plan also so it shows on my cross sections. 

deep-shelf-bearing-side1.jpg

I don't think Chief will exactly model that, just get it as close as you can and use the detail callout for exact conditions. You will have to do some cover-up in the sections also. You might be able to get the floor close though using a custom floor system.

16 hours ago, dsyoud said:

I am trying to create garage foundation walls to support 8" preformed cement slabs for a room under the garage. The manufacturer recommends a 12" foundation shelf inside the stem walls to suspend the slab and then be able to pour the 4" garage floor slab on top. I am struggling finding a way to create this type of foundation wall showing the shelf. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Dsyoud, your diagram only shows a min. 4" wide support shelf if I am reading it right. Where is the 12" foundation shelf? Is that preformed slab actually supported over a Celotex bearing? That's a new one to me.