I'm in a little bit of a Tim-crunch so A  minute amount of impatiens may translate into this post so my apologies in advance and welcome your suggestions to solve this issue.....

....but is anyone else having these types of issues? ( see video of me moving a detail in the 2-D environment with no other windows open, layouts, details, etc) I window select a group of lines, objects and level-licked grouped objects, in fact, the entire detail, and needed to drag it over just 4 inches and my computer hangs in thinking mode for "54 seconds"?? Why..... Why would this happen??? Is there a program preset I'm missing, a setup not checked, or something not enabled, even a mouse setting either in-program or via windows system setups?? Do I need to start a new "STARTER PLAN" file? Do drawing files keep getting larger even when you delete from your drawing files, particularly my starter plan??

Computer specs:

i7 Gen3 intel 4-Core

2.4Gb Invidia GPU DDR-5

20Gb Corsair DDR-3

.5Tb SSD

Win7 Pro

CA X4 (yes I know I'm behind a bit on versions)

Any and all help or suggestions are welcome.... I am wanting to be humble and not mad at my machine or program... I just need to somehow find a solution to my production bottleneck. Thank you ever so much for your help in advance!!

IMG_0739.MOV

Good questions!!!;)

File Size: 11.217Mb

PDF's in plan: No

3d Warehouse Imports: No. I only import when absolutely needed!! :0)

Surface Count: If you're talking about polygon solids, created or otherwise.... umm.... no, not this plan. Its a box over a box with 2-Story Porches

You can always go to your auto archives, pull up an old copy and just delete half of the plan. This gives you a better sense to see how it behaves after being chopped in half. There could be a quirk in there that you may not realize.

(CAD fill) has been known to bog down a plan.  Be careful of using too much concrete or sand. Although this may not be your issue, it's a quirk which can be seen when exporting a CAD file, or when trying to open up a pdf. I recent drew a volleyball court, and gave it a tight fill style using granular sand. The pdf just spun endlessly as it tried to open the drawing.

Try the surgical plan reduction method on an archived copy for a speed test. There very well could be an object that's causing an issue....

• Upvote 1

I downloaded your plan, opened it in my copy of X4 and I could not reproduce the lag phenomena you complain of at all what so ever. X4 is not the sharpest tool in the shed but I do not think that explains anything. I would tend to suspect that you may have a mouse driver problem (easy to check on and fix if necessary). I would make sure that my video card drivers are up to date. You may want to consider how long it has been since you cleaned your PC's case interior (possibility of dust coated interior causing overheating of interior components) or lastly perhaps it is time to upgrade your video card to a newer model.

Most suspect is your own PC hardware it its drivers and not X4.

As an aside I would put those additional 2D details that you currently have in the plan view in "CAD - Cad Detail Management", that alone might speed up doing things in plan and camera views. But that is just a personal opinion, not vital data or an explanation of why you are getting "slows"

DJP