Need Help With Elevations For A Cabana

usingchief

Can't figure out how to do elevations on this project.  Designed a free-standing cabana with no walls, just posts and a roof and need elevations and vertical dimensions for the layout. But when I attempt to do elevations, the message is "camera must be inside a valid room." Tried placing the camera around the plan and inside the cabana but without any success.  Is there a work-around so I can dimension the structure?  Maybe I should have drawn the structure with full height walls and then cut holes into the walls so as to be able to create the elevations. ???  Help. 

58f43a4e55023_ScreenShot2017-04-16at8_38_23PM.thumb.png.2f4a73da0b51a156caffd6d568baae65.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 8.46.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 8.37.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 8.36.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 8.47.13 PM.png

Sounds like you are trying to use the Wall Elevation camera for interior elevations and yes if you had a defined room with four walls that would work.  However that should not be necessary to complete this simple project.  I would just use a Cross Section Elevation Camera and place it where ever you like inside or outside the structure and send that to layout. Mask if necessary. Looks like a nice little place in the shade.B)