How to build the roof on the 2nd Subfloor?

Minhtran

Hello,

Please help, I would like to rise the roof of the 1st floor on the 2nd subfloor (see second image), instead the roof on the top of plate (see first image).  And I want to keep the roof on the 2nd floor on top of plate.

Thanks in advance.

CrossSection_Elevation_1.thumb.jpg.aa6ae74a861932e9191ae7305df4403f.jpgCrossSection_Elevation_2.thumb.jpg.ae94c7febc8e9c7280e3ed8c0bf7f272.jpg

CrossSection_Elevation_2.jpg

CrossSection_Elevation_1.jpg

Shane, I think he wants the roof sitting on top of the second floor subfloor.

If that is the case go to the floor plan, select roof  and use transform replicate and move the roof on top of the second floor subfloor. If your floor is 12" move the roof up 12".

Hi Sover,

It works fine using transform replicate and move the roof up 12", but it won't extend the second floor subfloor to the exterior wall. 

Could you please a little specific how to build the room and have the roof build over it?  Try for two hours but it does not work.

Much appreciated, Thank you,

I got it, finally.  Thanks everyone.  One more question I would like to ask, I know some contractors build the roof on the top of plate and others build on second floor subfloor? Is there any pros and cons and why?

Plate is better , in that it gives you more structural stability for nailing the rafter to and less deflection if rafter isn't over framing below. The 5/8" or 3/4" sub-floor doesn't. The rafters will not line up over  existing framing below in all cases so the plate gives you that extra piece of mind.