Enhancing Renderings With Photo-Editing Software

ericepv

Has anyone used photo-editing software (I am using GIMP 2.8) to enhance the quality of 3D renders? I have reached the limit of what I can get out of HD Pro 2015 and am looking for a way to juice up my results until I am able to upgrade to Premier.

I use Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CS 5.5 to enhance the jpeg and png Ray Traces.

For video I prefer Sony Vegas Pro 12.  

Vegas can combine the use of stills and video.  The possibilities of editing are endless.

The video can be burned to DVD or Blu Ray.  It can also be sent to Utube or Vimeo.

These are professional editing programs.  You may need training to use them.  

Each one has a homeowner version, Sony's video editing would be Movie Studio.

The Sony programs are Windows only, I use them on a Mac via BootCamp and Windows7

ericepv,

Hi.  Yes, I use Photoshop CC; Lightroom CC; AlienSkin Bokeh 2 and Exposure 5; PhotoScape; and FotoSketcher.  I would suggest PhotoScape as it's fairly flexible and free.

Most importantly, I use Chief Architect Premier to ray trace my camera views.  It's just a world of difference switching from the HD series of software to CA Premier.

jon

I thought we were talking about Adobe "Premier" which is Professional video editing software similar to Sony Vegas.

If you're not able to Ray Trace, you're wasting your time trying to enhance a camera view from Chief Architect. 

The first image is about the best results I achieved using HD Pro 2012 w/heavy post in Photoshop and PhotoScape.

The second is a CA Premier ray trace w/post in Photoshop CC and AlienSkin Exposure 5.  If you ray trace using TheaRender, Vray, BunkSpeed, etc., etc.  you will get much better results.  But, this is a CA forum, so I'll stick to CA render/ray trace issues.

And I have no idea how video got stuck in this thread?

jon

post-52-0-57636700-1403947879_thumb.jpg

post-52-0-86103100-1403947924_thumb.jpg