Raytrace image size preview

RL-inc

When setting a raytrace image to a specific size- say 1800x1200- is there a way to get some sort of a preview of the final output window without running the raytrace.

I am having to run the first pass- see where the image parameters are in the view -close the raytrace - adjust in, out, up, or down- run the first pass again- check view parameters- close raytrace- adjust- and so on until I get the final output view I want.

Thanks for any input

Thanks for the reply but that is not the issue I am having-

I can and do run the prelims at the active window size and make adjustments.

the issue is I need to create the final image at a specific output size fro realtor use - in this case 1800x1200.

I am having to continually adjust how far back or close to the model I am creating the raytrace view from to get it to create the output window that I want.

I have attached 3 screen shots -

1- the full camera view I needed to get to the raytrace

2- the raytrace view I needed to get to 3

3- the exported view

FULL CAMERA.PNG

RAYTRACE SCREEN.PNG

MEEKS TRAIL FRONT RENDER 3  04-13-17.jpg

Rob, I want to compliment you on the design. It is a really sharp looking home with a modern look. Starting to see a more modern look in new subdivisions. We are developing a more modern looking prairie style home with 4:12 to 5:12 pitch shed roofs for our next plat.

I'm talking about using the control handles to physically change your Chief Architect 3D view window size.  I'm away from my computer so I can't make any visuals but essentially all you should have to do is drag your library browser over to make the window narrower or if you have multiple monitors just resize the Chief Architect window by resizing the whole thing or by tiling another view and using that to resize the window.  

I'll play with that - but it appears that while I can create a window size that is proportionate (1.5 /1) to the actual size I need I can't a window that is large enough to get the full size I am after 1800x1200.

Good idea Eric - maybe one to post in the suggestions forum.

2 hours ago, solver said:

Chief needs the ability to create a Viewport -- a frame of a specified size that you can move around the screen to frame what you want in the ray trace. Chief would then restrict its ray trace to what is inside the frame.

2 hours ago, RL-inc said:

I'll play with that - but it appears that while I can create a window size that is proportionate (1.5 /1) to the actual size I need I can't a window that is large enough to get the full size I am after 1800x1200.

Good idea Eric - maybe one to post in the suggestions forum.

I feel like we basically already have that viewport functionality it's just not super intuitive.  Try this...

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

I think everyone knows that changing the photo size leads to a lower quality. I also confronted this problem. Three months ago, I needed to upload a photo on a server, and for some reason, it just wasn't accepted. The photo size wasn't the right one, so I had to change the photo size. It is not a big deal, but changing the size means lower quality. Thankfully, I stumbled on this site https://imglarger.com/enhancer, and found out how to enhance or fix blurry images with no problems, or to improve the quality of my photos. If you want, you can also check the site I am talking about.

• Downvote 2

I think everyone knows that changing the photo size leads to a lower quality. I also confronted this problem. Three months ago, I needed to upload a photo on a server, and for some reason, it just wasn't accepted. The photo size wasn't the right one, so I had to change the photo size. It is not a big deal, but changing the size means lower quality. Thankfully, I stumbled on this site https://imglarger.com/enhancer, and found out how to enhance or fix blurry images with no problems, or to improve the quality of my photos. If you want, you can also check the site I am talking about.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2