Barrel Roof Intersect Hip roof (CA X9)

ChiefCody

I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, I couldn't get the hip roof to curve around the barrel roof. Can you please explain how it was done? Also, how to make a brick band, like what is shown on the top? A link on how to do so would work.

25 minutes ago, solver said:

I pulled the connecting edge of the barrel roof back making the barrel roof about 2 or 3 inches. Then joined it to the hip roof plane just as you had it.

You actually don't even need to pull the connecting edge back to get it to work.  It actually works just fine as it was. 

Cody,

The keys to using the Join Roof Planes tool are to first make sure you have the necessary breaks so that the planes have a place to join (which you already have in this case) and then to click on the correct EDGE of the first roof plane followed by the correct EDGE of the second roof plane.  It's a nuance that I had trouble with at first too. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys,

Join Roof command is a great tool, just didn't think to use it here but I guess that's pretty much all I needed to do. I appreciate all the help from everyone!

Thanks,

Cody

Chief Architect X2-X9 

HP ENVY 750-177c, Windows 10

Intel i7 3.4 GHz Quad core 16GB

2 TB SATA HD

GeForce GTX 960