Copying In Word Text Tables

Maurice

We used to be able to copy a table of text from word into CA now when you copy the table from word into CA16 it looks correct in the text Dialog box, with multiple rows of text in each cell of mutlitple rows and columns. But when you close the Rich text box to insert text into plan it disintegrates, if you reopen text it now has created a cell for each line in each original cell total mess ?

I went to my Layout sheets which I have a timber roof batten table on it that was made way back on past versions many years ago, it was made in word then, simply copied into CA in plain text not rich text. If I open it now it is all individual items of text in a table made of different cell sizes made of individual lines. So it has total lost its formatting, looks like this is something that got lost since way back V4 -V7 or so along the way

These are my results using Open Office. I work almost exclusively with Rich Text so this is the first time I pasted a table in with plain text. I would like to be able to either remove or accentuate the table lines but I have not found that magic pill yet.

post-170-0-14807500-1403886853_thumb.jpg

. I would like to be able to either remove or accentuate the table lines but I have not found that magic pill yet.

The only way to do that , that I found is to use either Excel or Calc (Open Office)

Format the spreadsheet cell boundaries. Then copy -> paste special -> Picture metafile.

It will bring in as a picture with all formatting correct. Been doing that for years.

FYI -- it's a picture -- so not editable. I save my excel files within the project folder for needed edits.

RTF or HTML format has been a long requested feature and is available, buried within the tools that Chief is using but to date they have not seen the need for it. -- Don't expect it.

Yes you can copy in tables from word into either rich text or text if each cell has only one line, but if you have multiple lines in same cell it changes them to indivigual cells and screws it all up.

In rich text you can only have exterior border, but in text you can have border and grid lines

So tables are possible to be copied in as long as there is one line of text in each cell only