Chic Cottage Part 10 - The roof not look right

johnnyho

Hi all,

I am new with Chief Architect and just start out training with the Chic Cottage Project and I am stuck with Part 10.  The roof didn't come out right and I spent a lot of hours trying to go back with the video several times and still couldn't find out what did I do wrong.  I am attaching the plan and hope someone can help me to point out my mistake.

Thanks in advance!

Johnny

Chi Cottage-Current.plan

Johnny - look at the plan.  The eave on the rear right side is 2' something while rest of eaves are 16".  I eliminated the triangular roof on right and brought the left roof over then changed the rear roof to match front.  If you select one roof plane then press "2" then select an adjacent roof plane they will (usually) align themselves.

Here is the revised plan.

Chi Cottage-CORRECTED.plan

Johnny

I don't know what version of Chief you are using but the corrected plan used version X9.  good idea for you to add your version number and info relative to your computer to your signature so others will know.

Good luck and welcome to the forum and to Chief - been using it for years and absolutely best for my business.

73,  Doug

Thanks Doug.  I have X9 and follow the instruction very close.  I noticed the eave on the right side came out  longer after I build the roof.  I will follow your instruction to fix it (for the purpose of the learning). 

Thanks for your help.

Johnny