Interior Stair -landing-Stair different directions

Designer100

I would appreciate any help with this interior stair that has stair-landing and then 2 stairs going different directions.

I cannot get it figured out. see attached plan. Then stair to side on how it needs to be or attached pdf.

Thank you if anyone can. help.

Newell Cheatheam

Chief x9 windows 10

newell.cheatheaam@gmail.com 

McVaugh.Jim_Custom1.plan.zip

sketch03312017.pdf

Newel, you have your upper floor built over where you want your stairs and landing. You can either shape your upper floor around where you want your stairs and landing or create an open below where you want them. Either way will work. I have also noticed at times the stairs will not cut off walls below. In those cases delete and redraw any walls that the stairs want to cut through. For a straight run of stairs to be broken up with a landing draw how many risers you require to the landing, click and leave a gap, click continue up with the amount of risers to the next landing or floor click and then click in the gap between the stairs and chief will make a landing at the appropriate height. That's why your second set of stairs ended up in the butlers pantry and powder room.

From the picture I see above, just move the stairs over the wall that is sticking out from below or if you want angle wall with a cap create a cross section at the stairs to modify the wall. Also remove the railings where they are not needed.

I would have corrected your plan but if I did that you would learn nothing. Now if you run across this situation again you will be able to breeze right thru it without much thought.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1