Adjusting the length of curtains

videte

Hi,

I am new to Chef Architect so please forgive me if my question is super silly. I've created a room, added window treatments but have no idea how to make my curtains to touch the floor. When I go to window treatments options there is nothing to adjust it. I would be very happy if someone could help me with that.

Thanks,

Untitled 1.jpg

Thank you so much, Solver. I was putting 0" there but forgot to remove (D) so nothing was happening!

Is it also possible to adjust the width of the curtain rod so it would be wider than a window?

I really appreciate your help :)

Is it also possible to adjust the width of the curtain rod so it would be wider than a window?

You can't do this if you make the curtain part of the window through the treatments panel on the Window Specification dialog. 

You can take any of the curtains from the library and just place them directly into the plan.  You can then resize them and position them however you like.  The only thing you really lose by doing this is that if you move or resize the window, the curtain will not move or resize with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Dermot said:

The only thing you really lose by doing this is that if you move or resize the window, the curtain will not move or resize with it.

Thank you, Dermot! I tried that option earlier but didn't like that it also affected the size of the window. Default setting doesn't bother me so much, I just thought that there might be some additional options I don't know about.

7 hours ago, Dermot said:

You can't do this if you make the curtain part of the window through the treatments panel on the Window Specification dialog.

This is not entirely true.  Not a super detailed explanation but here's basically how to do it.  Pretty easy...

windows with curtains using windows treatment in the windows dbx is possible.

you can resize with windows in window dbx, can extend top, bottom and sides of window. This is all doable in the windows treatment panel of windows dbx. Once you set up your desired look you are able to copy and paste any were in plan, though the initial set up of the window could be tricky, point is that you need to create a milwork symbol that fits the desired position by tweaking the symbol orrigion in symbol dbx. Advantageous also,  since it automatically  fits  on curved walls easily.

Here is the test plan including the .calibz symbol.

Curtains using window treatment.jpg

Curtains extinding sides of windows and flexible height.plan

windows and curtains with flexible dimensions..calibz

• 3 years later...
On 3/30/2017 at 7:02 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

This is not entirely true.  Not a super detailed explanation but here's basically how to do it.  Pretty easy...

How do you copy the curtain to your user library? I need step by step because it's not working for me. Please help

34 minutes ago, DH7777 said:

How do you copy the curtain to your user library?

The same way as you would copy/paste files in almost any other environment:

• Select the item and either right click>copy or hit Control+C
  • Navigate to the desired folder and either right click>paste or hit Control+V