Multi-Faceted Curves

MindBender

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I'm being asked, more often now, to design curved roofs, Quonsets and corresponding curved transoms installed just below curved glulams beams.... its been a lot of fun!!  A Few jobs I've checked on screen and seem to be fine but when I send documents to print... the curves start to become faceted, polygonal in nature. I'm including a PDF of various curved CAD items, created an arched poly solid and then included a window I'm using in one of my projects.

Is there way to adjust any or all curved objects to "smooth" the curves to depict AS curves and not polygonal or as fractured shorter/longer horizontal vectors/line? Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

TEST - Various Curved Objects.pdf

No for some things like the arched window but yes for things like walls, roofs and most other things that are polyline based.

All you need to do is turn off the "automatic facet angle" checkbox and then specify a smaller angle to smooth out these curves.

facet angle.png

If you convert a curved line into a faceted polyline, you can never change it back into a curve again.  This makes it very difficult to modify the shape of the curve later.  This is why I prefer adjusting the facet angle instead.

Please note that you need to be sure and select the polyline by clicking on the curved line in order to get the "Selected Arc' panel where you can change the facet angle.

facet angle 2.png

• 6 months later...

Hello Everyone!!

Update on the "Curve" Issue I had.....

Program Engineering.... YOU DID IT!!!!! X9 thank you thank you thank you!!!

The "Fog of Fill" Beyond the curved lines is gone!!!

The Curve is NOW a Curve.... not multi-facetted!! Thank YOU So Much!!

Thank you all for your help & suggestions