Explode Slab Foundation

Korel_Design

1 hour ago, solver said:

You may do so -- change its size etc. No, it cannot be "exploded".

Knowing specifically what you want to do may help someone willing to offer suggestions on how to accomplish your goal.

Yes, I want to edit the actual slab drawing. For instance, I don't like the way CA shows the drop between the house to garage. That's not how it is to be built. I figure if I can manipulate the actual CAD lines of the slab then I can easily achieve what I want.

7 hours ago, Northriver said:

You can manipulate the cad lines in layout.

You can manipulate the Chief-generated lines in layout but not any true CAD lines you have added to the view, plan or section. The layout Edit Lines will not allow you to pick the CAD lines; at least that is the way it has always worked for me.

Thanks Jeff. I will try that. I finally just exported the Floor Plan to DWG > 2D AutoCAD > Then drew my foundation the way I needed. I did that in a fraction of the time it was taking me to wrestle with Chief trying to get things to work the way I wanted. Time was short and customer is waiting. I do hope Chief gets the Southern Way of drawing Slab Foundations working. Not everybody builds a Crawl Space or Basement Foundation. Either that or I'm just a complete idiot and the answer is right there before me.

Jerry K.

13 hours ago, CJSpud said:

Could it be that you have a vertical footing you don't want?????  How would I know?

Curt,

The issue has been the inability for CA to produce the line that indicates a Brick Ledge on the Plan View. In 3D camera view we can see the Brick Ledge. However, in Plan View (where it really counts) there is no Brick Ledge. I have to do a little juggling to get a line representing a Brick Ledge but as the line goes around the Garage and Garage Door aprons, it is a little difficult. There are a few other issues I haven't be able to work out, yet. So, I just find it a lot easier to export the Floor Plan into AutoCAD, draw my Slab Foundation, then Import that DWG into CA. Footings have nothing to do with the issue I have been having.

Attached is an example of what I needed to do. I'll get it figured out how to do it in CA.

Thank you for the reply.

JK

Hill-Foundation.PDF

• 3 years later...