Photometric Plans

ajrare

Chief doesn't auto-make photometric plans, so this is going to be a challenge.  Not to be rude, but if you have to ask how much to charge for a photometric plan, i am curious if you know how to create a photometric plan.  Its not a knock on you, as I couldn't create one alone without a great amount of study and research.  I would have to hire a lighting engineer to provide this on a project, which is what I would do if I was you.

...unless we are talking different things.

HowtoReadphotometrics(1).pdf

12.JPEG

Was trying to determine the going rate for a project similar too.  Am an engineer, and even though this is not a time consuming task for me to create a Photometric Plan I do not want to leave money on the table.  By this forum post thought could tap into the free advise  network here, and maybe receive info from a response from those who do this type of work.

AJ

6 hours ago, ajrare said:

Was trying to determine the going rate for a project similar too.  Am an engineer, and even though this is not a time consuming task for me to create a Photometric Plan I do not want to leave money on the table.  By this forum post thought could tap into the free advise  network here, and maybe receive info from a response from those who do this type of work.

AJ

I'm not sure the going rate, but it would probably take 6-8hrs (just a guess) and if you are an engineer Id say $125 an hr is reasonable. 

OK, well from a practical position on creating this I would use a point marker and use "test boring" with the number next to it.  Then, i would duplicate in both X/Y position by the distance you want to make a data-grid.

Here is an example.

example323.png

I agree with Lew in that if you use the word "Photometric" then you must also provide a definition for how you intend for use to understand your question ( http://www.dictionary.com/browse/photometric ). I did a Google Search for the term and the results were not very enlightening to me (All my plans by the general definition are or can be "Photometric" if you make them so ). Please be a little more forthcoming as to the exactness of your question please. I always charge by the hour for my services, you probably should too.

IMHO all plans should be clear and concise graphic communications of one's project. Failing that goal, they are not worth a penny more that how well they communicate the intended work.

DJP

A commercial lighting supplier will do it for free, mine does.  It takes specialized software, not CA.

The software will create a file with an .ies extension and is usually opened with a IES Viewer Program that can be downloaded free.

The lighting designer may be able to supply you with a .pdf, you'll have to ask.

A Photometric layout for a parking lot will show the position of each light fixture.  It also describes specific manufactures specifications for the lighting including model, wattage, mounting height and type of pole.

The layout will show the number of lumens or foot-candles for the entire parking lot.  It may also includes required back light control shields to keep light from spilling over onto residential properties.