cad to layout problem and lost work

jessde

Ok this has cost me most of morning trying to figure out.

I took an exterior elevation view converted it to cad and changed some details.

When sent to layout it was huge. So huge I could not grab or find edit handles.

then I'd get the swirling death ball and after several minutes my screen would just freeze.

I could not get out of the program unless I shut down and ,of course ,lose my work I would

.attach a file or screen shot but my computer is still frozen

This happened 3 times and lucky me I have a spare computer so I can send this sos.

Help would be greatly appreciated

Jess it sounds like maybe you have reversed the numbers in the scale that you intended for the cad to be sent to layout.  Also in this situation it might help to send as "Current Screen".  This has happened to me a few times when I have been in a rush to print out a preliminary survey and those are usually the times when I also forget to save the file first. Huge disappointment and when chief gives so may other warnings I don't know why this one has not been addressed.

Michael thanks for the help . The graphics card set up helped . It seems the computer is not freezing up so far and

I was now able to get the CAD to layout but here's what happened when I converted to CAD from drawing. I've attached a couple phone shots here.

When I convert from elevation shot to CAD I get window " calculating panel lines" and it takes a couple minutes to create the CAD view in the 2nd photo.

A zillion lines that project into infinity.  Any Ideas ?

Thanks 

chief photo1.JPG

chief photo2.JPG

Thanks chopsaw for responding. Alaska son invited me to call him and he helped me solve one of the biggest issues so that was a huge help. But as you can see  I'm having a problem still converting an elevation to CAD. I attached a couple photos to show what's happening.

Michael mentioned that I may have an object distant in the backgroung somewhere but I haven't found anything. 

J

Jess I have not seen that exact issue before but I trust Michaels judgement and it would be a good Idea to look for any objects outside of the plan envelope.  Maybe start in the elevation view that is a problem and use the "Fill Window" tool  58d1a74e5726a_FillWindowToolF6.jpg.76fafcbf1b918f871293eb89d2e0a4cb.jpg or [F6] hotkey  or sometimes CTRL +A works better because it gives you a selection bounding box that you can search around the perimeter of.  If that does not work try the same thing in plan view.  Also if nothing shows up around the perimeter you can switch to you "All On" layerset and make sure that all of the layers are turned on.  It can be a tedious search but with those tools it should not take long to know if you have that issue or not.  This condition will also cause a problem when opening a new camera view as it will try to make the camera capture the rogue item as well as your plan items and if it is bad enough you will end up with neither in view.