Reputation Points ???

Joe_Carrick

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

What are Reputation Points ?

Are they good or bad?  Scott has 6 and I only have 2 - maybe it's a new Golf Handicap System.  :rolleyes:

OTOH, maybe it's a grade for how verbose you are :wub:

I know...whats up with that!?  Scott got a point for quoting my post in another thread without adding any insight.  Maybe he's just loved by his adoring fans : )

• Upvote 1

Don't mess with Scott!  He is an 'insider' and can destroy your reputation with a 'single click' :)  :) :)  Just pulling your chain... I value all you guys, but have to be sarcastic, it is my nature...

On another note:  The final episodes of 'Breaking Bad' are now on Netflix!  I know Scott is a big fan!

• Upvote 2

• Solution

It must be some strange calculation. 

Scott has 31 Posts and 6 Reputation Points

Michael has 30 Posts and only 2 Reputation Points

I have just 16 Posts and 2 Reputation Points

Would someone please explain this?  Maybe DJP can devine it :D

Joe, on the bottom right hand side of each post (except your own) are 2 arrows.  You can vote any given post up or down 1 point based on its usefulness and thereby give that person a reputation point.  In another thread Dan was encourages us all to use them.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

All joking aside, we hope that users will spend a bit more time composing good responses to questions to get these points. Points are accumulated when you click the up arrow next to a post or next to content in the gallery.

You get 10 points each day to award to posts you like, 1 each day to award to posts you don't like.

With luck this will help boost good answers. It's not about how much you post but how well you post. :)  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

You can vote any given post up or down 1 point based on its usefulness and thereby give that person a reputation point. 

well, I can see where this will be abused to no end

tick someone off and they will vote negative on everything you post

over the years I have seen "vendettas" and spats and ....

good luck on this one working out :(

Lew

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

What are Reputation Points ?

Are they good or bad?  Scott has 6 and I only have 2 - maybe it's a new Golf Handicap System.  :rolleyes:

OTOH, maybe it's a grade for how verbose you are :wub:

That's what it is Joe,  I get more  points than you here and I get a lot more points than you on the golf course.  Winner winner,  chicken dinner.

• Upvote 1

Don't mess with Scott!  He is an 'insider' and can destroy your reputation with a 'single click' :)  :) :)  Just pulling your chain... I value all you guys, but have to be sarcastic, it is my nature...

On another note:  The final episodes of 'Breaking Bad' are now on Netflix!  I know Scott is a big fan!

Hey Bill,   are watching it?  Great show.  I have moved onto "Game of Thrones"……  not as good…..  but when I am riding the bike at the gym it gives me something to do.

BTW,  Lynn is reading the Harry Truman biography…….  she is beginning to think he was the best President of all time.

• Upvote 1

Hope this capture got attached finally - still trying to figure my way around here

And here is what I see……  well I would post a screen shot but I am on Mac at house which of course behaves differently than mac at office so I have not figured out how to post a screen shot on the  home mac…..  take my word for it,   don't  see what you see,  Glenn's post looks normal.  Something weird going on with your computer.

• Upvote 1

You get 10 points each day to award to posts you like, 1 each day to award to posts you don't like.

Not sure how I feel about this. Is there accountability involved? Does the person being rated (either positively or negatively) see who is rating them?

• Downvote 1

Does the person being rated (either positively or negatively) see who is rating them?

I doubt it

if yes, then that would just lead to bad blood and a "pi$$ing" contest

nothing good can come of this at all

Lew

I totally disagree.  It essentially adds a tool other than post count to help gather information about a persons experience, knowledge, and involvement.  Neither are a perfect scale, but they're better than nothing especially in combination.  Limiting negative votes to one per day is an excellent way to control vendettas and keep things positive as well.

• Upvote 1

All joking aside, we hope that users will spend a bit more time composing good responses to questions to get these points. Points are accumulated when you click the up arrow next to a post or next to content in the gallery.

With luck this will help boost good answers. It's not about how much you post but how well you post. :)  

Dan,

I hope this won't give me a warning but I really think you are complicating things just like parts of the program. (KISS)

• Upvote 1