Locking Cameras For Plan View Display

A_Joseph_PE

I am sure this question has been asked a number of times, but I can't find the answer....  Thank you in advance.

I am creating camera views to show on my plan set.  I thought I was doing this correct, but apparently I am not.  Once I send the view to the Layout, I mistakenly move the view somehow and it changes my layout view.

IS there anyway to lock these views so I can't move them?

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

If you are using the perspective or orthographic floor or perspective overview cameras (or even the full camera) for your images, you can only use it for one saved image and then you must close the camera for your next shot.  Make sure to save and name each image so they report to the project browser where they can easily be retrieved and/or modified if needed.  If you use the same camera session but rotate or change its position for your next image, it will replace the previous image. 

It would be nice if Chief could do what you want but too the best of my knowledge, Chief won't save different views from the same camera session.  You can try Jerry's suggestion and see if that works for you.  I prefer to save my camera views in the project browser rather than as separate layers.

• 4 weeks later...

Just create 2 saved camera views. From the floor plan select your view then go to 3D - Save Active Camera. Return to the floor plan and select your 2nd view and save that camera as well. The views will not change when you send them to layout  or close the view window tabs unless you change the camera view yourself