Graphic issues

Geyatautsilvsgi

I need some help and/or suggestions. My graphics card and computer have been fine  for the longest time and was working fine the other day. I upgraded to X9 and still everything was good, but then a couple of days ago I was downloading catalogs and got a strange graphic card error. I said ok, and kept going. Then yesterday I tried to do a camera shot and now none of my rendering or camera shots work at all. They show up black. The floor plan color is fine and the color in all my other programs and desktop  etc., work just fine. I have made sure my settings in Chief are right but...

Have anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do to fix it? Thanks for your help.

It would help to know what your computer specs are. It is a good idea to have them in your signature. Currently we are only guessing, it may be a graphics card setting has been changed or the worst case the card is faulty. Or if a laptop you are now using the on-board graphics adapter.

I am having similar issues with the "black screens" in camera views. I'm 95% sure mine is a graphics card issue. Mine worked fine up to X9. The improvements in X9 to the camera views are just too much for it. Looking for a better card now to upgrade to. If you would include your computer specs in your signature someone could give you some direction if they knew what your graphics card was.

Well, I never changed any of my settings so I have no idea what happened. As for specs,. I do know I run win 8.1, 64 bit, 1 terabite hardrive, NVidia graphic card, 16 gig of ram. I am going to do some diagnostics...see if something got changed during the catalog downloads. Thanks for the comments.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, jokes on me in every way....Had my IT guy go through my computer and  was I ever in for a surprise.  Dell has everything and my graphics card under proprietary "locK'.. and the graphics card cannot be upgraded! It is hard embedded in to the main drive etc. and NOT and NVidia! (My workstation was a gift-long story) I am sick:(, this means I have to get a new computer:angry: I hate that. I have already ordered my new set up, but in hopes the "Chief X9 Program Update" I was notified of would fix things, I downloaded  the update.  Now the download file will not work, it says it is corrupted or missing a portion of the update. I am so frustrated...I have a project due early  next week and all I seem to be doing is floundering!. Is anyone else having these issues? Has anyone else downloaded the recent Program Update? If so, has the graphics update portion worked in any way??? I am curious to know. Thanks.

I have the update with no problems and I have a dell (Alienware is owned by Dell). When I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 with my old computer, couldn't do it b/c Dell won't update any drivers on older machines, mine was 5 years old, I did add some new stuff to it  though. NVidia should have the driver you need. Never heard of anyone locking the video card, try a different IT guy.

Well unfortunately my computer is an "all in one". It was a gift a few years back since my previous computer (9+ years old) was...well...old and I Needed something new. Anyway, I have downloaded the X9 update 3 times and tried to install it and i get the same error message: program update does not contain a valid windows installer package". So...here is the kicker, it then turned around an took my entire chief Architect program OFF my computer!. I don't have the program to even work with and Iit won't download X9 at all...I have sent message to tech support, but will have to wait 2-3 hours in the morning to even see if I have a response from them since they are at least 2 hours behind me in the time zone arena. I might as well just retire...this is just crazy. We'll see what tech support has to say. In the meantime...zzzzz......