Displacement map

flyer1

how can I find the image / texture jpg of materials so I can create a displacement or normal maps. 

FYI... I was excited about the maps included in X9.... but there not many there. Also getting better results with displacement maps.

Just copy and paste the file path from the texture source...

Texture file.png

You can either copy and paste directly into the appropriate map field OR if you need to modify the jpg first then you can copy and paste the folder path into Windows File Explorer.  If it's located in a zipped folder you'll probably need to leave the actual file name off the end though. 

Can not copy to displacement... it turns red and is gone when I click ok.

Tried file manager with copy, no go. Say cant find file check spelling.

C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X9\Referenced Files\DalTile.zip#zip:Acropolis Blend (Multi-Color Slate with Silver glass) 1in. Random Mosaic OS03.jpg

Want the image so I can adjust to grey scale for appropriate displacement file

20 minutes ago, flyer1 said:

an not copy to displacement... it turns red and is gone when I click ok.

You're probably not getting all of it.  You need to make sure and highlight ALL of it. 

20 minutes ago, flyer1 said:

Tried file manager with copy, no go. Say cant find file check spelling.

C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X9\Referenced Files\DalTile.zip#zip:Acropolis Blend (Multi-Color Slate with Silver glass) 1in. Random Mosaic OS03.jpg

Like I said, if it's in a zipped folder you'll have to leave the file name off of the end.  You would only want to copy and paste this portion...

C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X9\Referenced Files\DalTile.zip

I will play with that. I used file manager so the file must be hidden.

I coped the zip file to a different folder and set it up. Displacement maps add huge jumps in realism. 

I like to export to 3DS Max for higher quality renders and animations. The 3DS export has not worked in Chief since X7. Tech guys at Chief don't know why. Have got several work arounds to export to other programs then into Max, but a pain in the #@**. I will be posting this question shortly to see who has the best method.

1 hour ago, flyer1 said:

I will play with that. I used file manager so the file must be hidden.

I coped the zip file to a different folder and set it up. Displacement maps add huge jumps in realism. 

I like to export to 3DS Max for higher quality renders and animations. The 3DS export has not worked in Chief since X7. Tech guys at Chief don't know why. Have got several work arounds to export to other programs then into Max, but a pain in the #@**. I will be posting this question shortly to see who has the best method.

That's strange I export 3ds to cinema4d and all is good there is that vertex limitation but other than that all is good also works with sketchup I am Prity sure Thea works this is on windows OS