zoomed way in when opening file

calgaryhomes

might be a stupid question, but i have been noticing lately that all my drawing files are zoomed into a single letter or line in the drawing upon opening it for the first time of the day.  i have saved the drawing the previous day while zoomed out to full floor plan, but when opening the same plan the next day it will be zoomed in to a single spot/line/text letter.  not a big deal as i just zoom out to the full floor plan and start working ....just a little annoying is all.

anybody have the same issue?

Not sure that this is it but you might try going to Preferences > General > and check your settings under "Save Dialog Size and Position".  I have mine checked for "Always" ... I think that was the Default out-of-the-box.

On 3/8/2017 at 9:50 AM, CJSpud said:

Not sure that this is it but you might try going to Preferences > General > and check your settings under "Save Dialog Size and Position".  I have mine checked for "Always" ... I think that was the Default out-of-the-box.

Ya...I think it must be some setting in preferences that got selected by mistake when I upgraded.  Doing more investigation tomorrow.

Thanks for reminding me.

I get the same behavior sometimes too.  It actually happened with one of my plans earlier today.  It was zoomed way in on a blank area in the plan too so it definitely wasn't based on my last save.  

Anyway,  I know that isn't much help.   Just want to let you know that you're not alone with your problem.   I have just never personally cared enough to look into it any further.  I just zoom out and get back to work.   It's definitely worth reporting to tech-support if it bothers you though  and I would strongly encourage you to do just that. Many of us spend a lot of time reporting problems that benefit all of us  but as with so many other cases… We only have so much time in the day and we have to choose our battles carefully.