Colorado Designers/Drafters

HillsideDB

Outside of Omaha and Council Bluffs, where I am, you can buy a 2 acre lot for 35k. If I'm going to build a home I plan on doing a lot of the work myself to save cost and keep that final bill to around 200k.

My problem is EVERYTHING my family and I love to do is out there. I've been obsessed with that state for a long time. Every time I think staying here in CB is the good idea something pops up to remind me how awful it is here. Just found out my county is 91st out of 99 counties in Iowa for health and being active. Which is the exact opposite of what I want. I've grown up here and this area just doesn't have anything to offer me or what I want for my boys. 

We're still planning a visit to CO Springs at the end of the month. Hopefully be able to make a decision after that. We keep going back and forth. 

There is a lot shortage in King and Snohomish Counties in Western Washington. There was not much land being developed over the last 7 years. The national builders have gone thru the spoils of the housing crisis 2 years ago and have been buying small developed short plats to keep the machine rolling to make their annual plans that they have committed to their parent companies. We have received 3 offers from national builders for a 42 lot plat we just developed for up to 210K for a lot. We bought a plat of 25 lots from the bank for 50K a lot 3 1/2 years ago 1 block from the 42 we just developed. Its been crazy. The national builders have a lot of property at preliminary plat approval so I would anticipate prices to slightly drop when more lots become available.