Error Message Help

ThomasM

Hello Everyone.

had computer trouble.  graphics card appears to be over heating and putting the monitors into a non awake able low power state.  I since removed one monitor from the video card and now have the second monitor on the mother board graphics.(just incase bad video card can cause this error)   anyway.. running new install (but the vid card caused many freezes and improper shutdowns..

using a new install of Chief Architect Premier X8.. new install...(just now)  nothing downloaded from online catalog yet. and I am getting this message. anytime I search the library.

..\source\LibraryDatabase.cpp(2754): Warning #272032176

"C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X8\Core Libraries\CoreArchitectural.calib:

Error executing query: database disk image is malformed No result has been generated."

3/4/2017 3:03:50 PM

Build: 18.1.0.41x64

any help would be great.

Thank you

Tom

Are your fans all working, try this, take you computer cover off and try it with it off for a while. Also vacuum your inside and fans if you can, lot of dust will make your fans and other thing not work great. Not sure what that message means though.

One more thing try refreshing your catalogs from the library tab

• Upvote 1

Very good advice Perry.  I regularly clean out my computer too, especially when I start experiencing unexpected slow downs, freeze ups, or crashes.  It can make a substantial difference.  I've never used a vacuum though.  I always just use those "duster" cans of compressed air. 

I replied to this before with a thank you but cant see it.... anways.. thank you.  what did work (it seems) is that I uninstalled the program again this time after the uninstall I searched for all things chief and deleted them also.  now it is working fine.  I do have another question.  last year I also had the SSA and down loaded a lot of stuff.  after computer crash I lost all that additional content and not my SSA is expired.  would I have still had access to all the images that from SSA after the expiration?  did I have it and now its lost unless I have $500 to renew?... anyway.  thank you both and Drawzilla you always seem to be here for me and thank you.  I did a reboot after each step to make sure everything was cleared.  hope this helps someone in the future.

Tom

I think you are out of luck with the lost files, good reason to back up everything, but call Chief on Monday and see if they will do something. Now without SSA you can still download some lib's but have to pay a small fee.

would be nice to get it back but just looked and I think most of the stuff I used was free for download anyway.  maybe a couple of things I lost.  I do see something on one of my back up drives and will check.  but right now I am tired lol.  glad I got this going again.  thank you.

would be nice to get it back but just looked and I think most of the stuff I used was free for download anyway.  maybe a couple of things I lost.  I do see something on one of my back up drives and will check.  but right now I am tired lol.  glad I got this going again.  thank you.

im working on something now and wishing I still had the 3d potted plants :(

7 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Are your fans all working, try this, take you computer cover off and try it with it off for a while....

Good advice Mr. P, but I haven't had the cover on my

computer case since about Windows 3. Somehow I

never get around to that step when I assemble a new

rig. :wacko: