Wall - open above

SNestor

I have a wall between a bedroom and a bathroom where the wall is only 9' tall...but open above.  The vaulted ceiling travels over the wall into the bathroom. 

If I designate this wall as "no located"...then the vaulted drywall ceiling above works fine, but I lose my room definition.  

Bath Wall - Open Above 1.pngBath Wall - Open Above 2.png

Plan attached: Nestor House Plans X9.plan

It's because you have no ceiling above that wall to stop it from going all the way up to the roof below.  Drag your ceiling planes over to cover those walls.  Also, not sure where Gary was talking about,  but you definitely should try using the new Shelf Ceiling tool over the room on that side where you have the shelf.  It's an extremely handy new tool.

Don't think the "shelf ceiling" will do the trick...as the vaulted ceiling is in both the master bedroom and the master bath.  If I designate the bath area room to have the "shelf" ceiling...well, I lose my vaulted ceiling.

Would you recommend using a "wall divider" to create a little room...maybe on the bath side...then designate this "room" to have the shelf ceiling?  I'll give that a shot...

Thanks guys