Jumpy Mac pointer resolved!

Steve-C

I was posting in another thread earlier about Mac's and PC's and I decided to revisit something that has bother me for years; the jumpy Mac pointer. I felt this deserved it's own thread because it is rarely mentioned but I know the problem exists among other Mac users. I've owned a few Mac's and PC's over the years and this is one issue that has plagued me on Mac's (iMac and Macbook Pro). I've (sort of) gotten used to it but I wished it would just work better. Well, I have good news and bad news, the good news is I finally figured out the problem, the bad news is you will have to turn off your cross hairs. I just figured this out this morning so time will tell if I can get used to not having the cross hairs, but man it sure is nice to have a smooth pointer again!

On 3/4/2017 at 5:51 PM, JMorelli said:

X9 seems to have fixed this problem, AND I can have my crosshairs on

Nice! Have only downloaded X9 on my field measuring machine but really have not had time to work with it. I'll be curious to see how this works.

On 3/4/2017 at 8:36 PM, dshall said:

I gave up using the Magic Mouse and now use a hard wired Logitech mouse.

i am not sure if we are discussing the same issue.

It's a subtle lagging of the mouse pointer that has bugged me since the Mac version of CA was introduced. For me turning off the crosshairs resolved the issue. I hate the magic mouse, in fact I hate any mouse on a Mac. The "accelerated pointer" software they use drives me absolutely insane. I only use the trackpad. Even when hooked up to my 32" monitor I use the Magic Trackpad.