Roof Building Help - ASAP

abovethewave

Hey folks,

I am a new Chief X9 Premier user and have begun so under a very tight deadline.  I am required to produce some renderings of a new home by early next week. It is a rather simple and straight forward ranch style, single story.  For the life of me, I cannot get the roof build to cooperate. I am sure the problem in inexperience with the software as I just picked it up.

Would any seasoned veterans be interested in taking a look at my plan? I can provide an elevations drawing that outlines the specifications of the roof.

Attached is my first floor and foundation and an image of the elevations.

Thanks in advance!

- Mike

Rancher Plan 01_Page_1.png

Rancher (056) v05.plan

Thank you. I posted the plan and the elevations view. Let me add them here again. I am in a situation where I am less concerned about the detail, but need to get renderings to a client.

I simply can't seem to get the back wall to behave, in addition to the proper pitches.

I would be happy to compensate someone to help me solve the problem.  (I hope that doesn't break forum etiquette).

Rancher (056) v05.plan

Rancher Plan 01_Page_1.png

Just FYI...it appears that the front porch should extend out in front of the garage face.  You have the porch wall and the garage wall aligned.  It will be difficult to create the look shown in the attached PDF.  So..I think you will need to modify the floor plan.  

Maybe I'm wrong...others may chime in.

I didn't construct the dormer...but this should get you started.  David Michael has got it right.  I built the roof manually....I just find it easier than messing with auto build.

Also...I didn't not change the plan...but to get the house to look like the "plan"...you will have to make some changes to the porch etc.

Front Elevation 1.jpg

Rancher (056) v05.plan

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

This is part of a development project of 200 homes in PA. I do have 8 years experience in remodeling homes using Softplan, but just got tossed into the Chief mix for new construction. I can now focus on some MLS renderings for Monday and then get back to the architecture details. You all saved my skin as I just picked up the software a couple days ago.

So much appreciated and am very pleased that there is a talented community behind the forum. No doubt I'll be running into other dilemmas as I come up to speed.

- Mike

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ridge_Runner said:

Mike, just curious. Was the attached PDF done in Chief or Softplan? Nice presentation style. Nice name, BTW. :)

This is just a guess of course but I'm betting it was done with mostly 2D CAD linework.  Maybe AutoCAD.  Kinda looks like some of the work Johnny has shown from Vectorworks too.  The text style looks like an SHX font and the sharp line corners aren't possible in Chief.  Also, there are some inconsistencies in the elevation views that wouldn't be there if it were a true 3D model...

Missing roofline.png

14 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

This is just a guess of course but I'm betting it was done with mostly 2D CAD linework.  Maybe AutoCAD.  Kinda looks like some of the work Johnny has shown from Vectorworks too.  The text style looks like an SHX font and the sharp line corners aren't possible in Chief.  Also, there are some inconsistencies in the elevation views that wouldn't be there if it were a true 3D model...

Missing roofline.png

This was my thought too, though the OP mentioned he worked with Softplan for eight years. I don't know the output quality of Softplan as I have never used it.