As Built Mask Copies Differently

Austins

I've been spending hours trying to make a simple demo plan with dashes for the walls etc to be removed.  I got it to the point where I was able to create a CAD Block full of dashes that I thought I could copy and paste hold back to the original plan and then when I remove a wall etc. the underlying AS-built wall would show dashed as in the underlying mask.  When I take the CAD Block below which is dashed and copy hold it into the plan it comes out with solid lines not dashed!  Very frustrating.  Why ishn't it copying the dashed lines that are in the CAD block?  thanks in advance for any help.  

Dashed edit mask.JPG

Solid Copy.JPG

Just now, Austins said:

I've been spending hours trying to make a simple demo plan with dashes for the walls etc to be removed.  I got it to the point where I was able to create a CAD Block full of dashes that I thought I could copy and paste hold back to the original plan and then when I remove a wall etc. the underlying AS-built wall would show dashed as in the underlying mask.  When I take the CAD Block below which is dashed and copy hold it into the plan it comes out with solid lines not dashed!  Very frustrating.  Why ishn't it copying the dashed lines that are in the CAD block?  thanks in advance for any help.  

Dashed edit mask.JPG

Solid Copy.JPG

Try watching this vid

Anything I want to show dotted like cab. and toilets, or just anything in the plan, I just make sure its turned on when I send it to ,"View to cad" ,and its all converted, then just put it all on 1 layer and lock it.