Custom stair rail on curved stairs

wrightdzign

Hi, I would like to know if it's possible have a custom stair rail on curved stairs? 
if so, How please.

Chief is very limited on railing. Even when I remove all railing from stair and draw my own then click follow stairs it still looks awkward.  Is it possible to make stairs look like the image below?

Completely custom.

Thank you

iron_railing.jpg

Yes Chopsaw,

Chop directed you to the video.

But I think Michael has also simplified this method significantly by using the symbol as window without going through all this steps I gone through. I don't know why I went through those extra steps. May be I was missing some thing, but I have done that for some reason, though I can't tell now. 

Hey Michael, is this an x9 only capability or I was missing it on x8? I am not around PC now, but I have to look back why I done that unnecessary steps in x8, or may be Michael will clear that for me before I go to PC.

Thanks

Hey Yusef,

It worked the same in previous versions.  Like so many things, I think we've just built off each others ideas.  It never occurred to me to bend millwork by attaching it to a window until you brought it up and I think I just took it a step further.  I'm guessing it just didn't occur to you to change the millwork to a window symbol first.  It always seems so clear afterward.

• Upvote 1

Here's that other discussion Yusef is referring to.  The basic idea is the same but will need a little tweaking to make it work for railing panels which among other things need to be converted to "Millwork" symbols  instead of "Fixture" symbols.