elevation views going to layouts in color instead of black and white vector

DianeP

No such luck. This is the settings and image that I end up with on the layout page.  You can see some of the other views are normal black and white views.  Not sure what happened.  I have had it happen before and it seemed like when clicked on it and opened the view that it became normal once I closed it again.  This time that isn't working.

color elevation problem.PNG

layout dialog.PNG

4 minutes ago, javatom said:

It is because you are sending it as a live view.  Send it to layout as plot lines without the color fill and it will look right.

I have always sent it as a live view.  If I send it as plot lines, will it still update like the live view does when changes are made?

6 minutes ago, johnny said:

I've had all sorts of issues with visual settings matching what layout shows.  However, it all seems to print correctly - so if you make a PDF or send to printer the results match the settings.

The print is definitely clear enough but the line weight of the colored views is different than the original black and white vector views.  

color elevation problem2.PNG

1 minute ago, javatom said:

Yes, but you have to tell it to update.  You can update all views at once with the icon that look like two arrows forming a circle.

Great!!!  good to know.  I will try that, now....... just did it and that worked.  Thanks!!!  Still don't understand why the live view started acting that way as I never have used the plot lines method before.  Glad I have a work around, now.

color elevation problem fixed.PNG

Diane,

I am assuming that you want to retain the fill, but have it greyscale rather than colored?

To do this, you can use Live View + Always Update.

The display of color in layout is then controlled by the Color toggle in the original elevation view.

Live View (with or without) Update Always is pretty cool because it reflects exactly what your camera view displays, including Rendering Technique, shadows, color/b&w, etc.