ANGLED ELEVATIONS

Scottb

Its not that easy.  you can't pick what angles it moves. I even turned on my angle snap grid.  but that only moves in 10 degrees increments.  What If I only want to move it 2 degrees?  I can't seem to do custom angels with this.  Thanks for the help. 

Turn off angle snaps,  draw a construction line perpendicular to the wanted view direction,  now shoot a camera shot along that construction line that is perpendicular to the view....  the camera should snap to the construction line.

Draw a CAD line roughly perpendicular to the elevation you want to shoot. Select the line and use the Align>Perpendicular command to align the line perpendicular to the elevation. Turn on your Snaps, enter the Cross Section/Elevation command and snap the camera to the CAD line.

EDIT: Scott beat me.

39 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

CTRL D.....it's your friend....

It might be my friend but I am not sure what it does.  Would you mind explaining what it does.  We with our own hot keys do not understand control d

2 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

OOB hotkey for Make Parallel/Perpendicular

Got it,  thanks.  I assume that applies to the cad line and not the camera.  The parallel/perpendicular does not work for camera. It does work for the line that you may want to use to get the direction of the camera correct.   Joey posted one of those cryptic posts that someone can spend 10 minutes figuring out,  thanks Joey.

• Upvote 1