Graphics card for X-9

capitaldesigns

Since I have upgraded to X-9, CA has been very slow on switching view. I keep getting a message that CA is regenerating the model.

I spoke to tech. support today. I was told that I might need to upgrade my graphics card to a mid range gamming card like NIVIDA G Force.

I just got off of the phone with my computer technician. He said that there is around a hundred G Force card on the market. He asked me to

ask what G Force card to order. Does any one use the G Force graphics card ? If so, what card works well with CA X-9 ?

Thanks,

Mike 

I'm using a really old GeForce GT 430 on my desktop that actually works just fine but its a little slow with larger models and with shadows turned on.  I actually just ordered a new video card earlier tonight.  I ended going with the GeForce GTX 1050Ti.  Based on my research and based on the 6 year old machine I'm putting it into it easily looked like the best card available for the money right now.  It's definitely not the best overall but looks to be almost an 800% improvement over what I have now.  It's worth a look anyway.

Any Nvidia GTX 900 or better series card with at least 4GB of ram should be fine. Like anything computer, get the best you can afford because there will be a newer version within 12 to 18 months. 

My GTX 980SC (Superclocked) runs 3 24" monitors gust fine.

10 hours ago, capitaldesigns said:

Since I have upgraded to X-9, CA has been very slow on switching view. I keep getting a message that CA is regenerating the model.

I wouldn't think that the video card has anything to do with whether CA needs to "Rebuild" the 3d Model. I get the message all the time, and I have a fairly new machine and GPU. Maybe someone can disabuse me of this notion.