Aerial view of trees in plans

sdpatt

I uploaded this overhead view of a tree into my library. I would like to put it in my plan, (not the 3D version) just the blue print plan version.

It will not insert as this image, Chief Architect takes the image and uses their own little tree drawing in the plan. 

The image does show up in 3D but I want it in the plan version as shown below, except to scale of course. Help please.. 

Palm overhead.jpg

What format is the 3D plant?  If you import it as a symbol chief will make you a 2D line drawing automatically as the 2D cad block.  You can also draw you own cad block and assign it to the symbol. Or you can convert your .jpg to .png and put that in the plan independently.

• Upvote 1

The image is a jpg.  I will try converting it to a png.  I would prefer to have the image not a line drawing, I would like the actual aerial image to be visible in the plan.  Drawing my own may be the route to go.  I will try these options. Thank you. 

14 hours ago, sdpatt said:

I uploaded this overhead view of a tree into my library. I would like to put it in my plan, (not the 3D version) just the blue print plan version.

It will not insert as this image, Chief Architect takes the image and uses their own little tree drawing in the plan. 

The image does show up in 3D but I want it in the plan version as shown below, except to scale of course. Help please.. 

Palm overhead.jpg

A couple options...

If you are ONLY wanting to use it in plan views, don't use Create Plant Image, instead use File>Import>Import Picture

If you're trying to use the same image in both plan view and 3D views you'll need to:

1. Use File>Import>Import Picture to bring the picture into your plan.
  2. Group select the picture by itself, block it, and add it to your library.
  3. Terrain>Plant>Create Plant Image, click Browse, select you plant picture, click Okay, and place your new plant into the plan.
  4. Select your new Plant Image, open it, click Library (next to 2D Plan Symbol) and select the library item you created in step 2.
  5. Click okay and add it to your library for future use. 

Hope that helps.

The image is a jpg.  I will try converting it to a png.  I would prefer to have the image not a line drawing, I would like the actual aerial image to be visible in the plan.  Drawing my own may be the route to go.  I will try these options. Thank you. 

We have been able to import transparent images. Now, how do we set so that the trees are shown hanging over side walks or floor plan below?

When I open the image there is no option to set height above ground, I can only adjust tree diameter.