How to lighten up the roof fill pattern for plotting

capitaldesigns

I'm not seeing "Pattern Lines" or "Edge Lines". I am in the layout page, I left clicked on the camera view then selected "Edit layout Lines". I get the active layer display option popping up to the right. There is no layers called "Pattern Lines" or "Edge Lines".  I have also tried the reverse order of selection and I get the same thing. Is the edit layout tool your talking about the third tool from the right titled "Edit Layout Lines".

Thanks,

Mike

I am not sure I agree with David's answer.

You can turn off the color fill all together by left clicking the layout box, opening the dbx, go to the General panel...Camera View Options.

If you are using Plot Lines, you can uncheck Color Fill.

If you want the color fill, but just want to make it lighter, you need to do that in the elevation view itself (not the layout).

Open the elevation view and use the rainbow tool (Adjust Material Definition) to select the roof material.

Go to the General panel...Colors...Material.

Click on the color box and then select a lighter shade of the color by using the side slider.

You may have to update the view in layout.

• Upvote 1

If you have sent the elevation to layout as Plot Lines, you open the layout view and change the fill colour from black to a lighter grey.  (This will change all of the fills to a lighter colour.). You can also change line weights for printing.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have created several layer sets and anno-sets for  everything I send to the layout, with line weights adjusted to what I want. It's all automatic. Like Glen said you can also adjust the material line weight

Ben Palmer sometimes uses a technique where he only partially displays patterns on his plans, I assume to keep things clean/not too busy.  Or, maybe it is just a style thing for Ben.  Although I haven't used this technique myself, I really like some of the elevation views I have seen on some of his work in the past. 

The PDF included I found on his site shows what I am talking about:

http://www.houseplansaz.com/plans/admin/plans/pdf/2977.pdf

I don't recall if he adjusted the pattern properties to make the lines lighter in the past plans he's posted.