Corner Garden window

Denkam

Hi

Does anyone know if its possible to corner Garden windows?

I have dragged together and removed corner post but can't join to the outer frame.

I have also tried using atrium windows but won't join. (has the same problem)

Thanks Rob

In plan - Box garden window.JPG

Box garden window.JPG

May have to use pline solids and create a symbol.

Not wanting to jump too far ahead but before I spent a ton of time trying to create it in CA I would find out how much it is goung to cost to build.

From engineering the wall to manufacturing that unit it looks like a pretty spend proposition to me. :P

10 hours ago, Denkam said:

Does anyone know if its possible to corner Garden windows?

In plan - Box garden window.JPG

Box garden window.JPG

The answer is no.  Have you ever seen it done?  Do you have a picture where it has been done?  Are you living in la la land where anything is possible or are you living in the practical world.  In the practical world the answer is no,  if you are living in la la land,  I bet I could do it if you post your plan.

This is a good example of the DANGER of computer design software.  It leads the public to believe its all about knowing the software.  It is not.  It's about know how buildings are built and what can be done in the real world.  If you are serious about becoming a competent designer, put your keyboard away and pick up a hammer for a year or two.  Some real world experience will show you why the program will not let you design that particular mistake.

Hi there

Sorry I'm new to asking questions.

The window is a window seat up off the floor and protruding approx.20inches from inside of 4inch wide framing. There is a corner post on the framing line holding lintels and floor loadings. When I said I took out the corner post out I was trying the see if the windows would join.

The house was designed and built in the 80's its not a great design but its what's there as you can see from the photos.

I am working on a cladding change for the customer and was just looking to see if there was an easy way to join a garden window to make my model true to what is built.

I have been on the tools for 35 years and the last 15 doing design and build using C/A since Ver7 (now X9).  I am no way experienced in using C/A to its full potential - Just trying to up skill where I can.

Regards Rob

IMG_20170227_081544579_HDR.jpgIMG_20170227_081718667.jpg

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Denkam said:

I have been on the tools for 35 years and the last 15 doing design and build using C/A since Ver7 (now X9).  I am no way experienced in using C/A to its full potential - Just trying to up skill where I can.

Ouch! We've got to be more careful guys about assuming too much about a poster - especially a new one! Rob's (Denkham) example is a good reminder - play nice, at least until you know more. ;)

• Upvote 1

Well said Ridge-

Welcome Rob- good to have some more field construction experience to draw on here.

The pictures of the existing structure you posted were very helpful in clarifying what you were after.s

Great vid Scott-

looks like Rob can get what he wants and just keep "corner post " checked in the framing DBX

Just a comment. I did a corner bay window for a job about a year ago sorta similar to this but wasn't full glass on sides and at the top, just glass in the outside corner. It did have a roof. This glass system was going to be installed by the window manufacturer who did these windows. When the lady took it to the city for permitting, the planning department rejected it and wanted to know how the glass was going to be attached everywhere because it had to meet a 110 mph. wind gust code. They wanted the specifics. I had the homeowner contact the manufacturer and had them attach a diagram on how this would meet code. I assume it was done. Never heard back.

• 4 months later...