Embedded Radiator In Wall

Seven10

I have several steam radiators I'm trying to duplicate.  The picture and plan is attached for reference.  Essentially, the rad is cut into an external wall, and a larger box encases the entire thing.  The images does not show the cover, but I know how to make that element.  I'm not sure how to create a 3D box that is hollow, but cuts into the wall plane.  Maybe I'm over thinking it.

I'm running X8.  The picture is the radiator in my current dining room.  If you use my plan, it would go directly under the back window on the first floor.  Thanks in advance for you help.

Dave

IMG_5187.JPG

LI_1930_Colonial_House.plan

So I learned Wall Niche today, which on searching this forum - I found all of Joe's previous posts about the same subject.  I tried the door opening method and rebuilt each layer one by one.  It looked like your process is much less time consuming.

I appreciate all of your previous posts Joe, I'm leaning quite a bit about this software.  Solver your last post about my closet and material regions made this plan look a whole lot nicer.

Appreciate all the help.

Dave