Frieze boards

Kenneth_Miller

KM, it may be something simple, but I haven't had that issue before. The CA-guru's on the forum may just pop the answer out without further-a-do, however some might respond that if you'd post the plan it might be quicker / easier to get the answer.? Also, if you use this Forum much it will be good if you go to your signature, and add the software you are currently using, just a thought;)

Eric, I was actually able to get it to work by ballooning just as you stated. My original problem had boxed eaves and a crown molding below on gables and eaves.

Chief support stated: "I tried this in X7 and it did the same thing. The issue seems to be specific to the boxed eaves. I believe the program is not mitering the eaves correctly."

Unlocking the trim and adjusting it gets mixed results and if you have to snap that roof plane to a new element it will generate another frieze board with the same problem.  If you're going to go manual, it is faster to create a p solid and turn the frieze off for the roof planes in question.

I am with Michael here, if you once detach the freeze board manually as Michael has shown, then you don't need the auto generated one, so you should select roof planes and in their dbxs you are able to remove the auto generated freeze boards for good.