Framing - how do you manually draw a 2x plate

SNestor

25 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Is there a way to manually draw a flat 2x4 plate?  I know I can create a plate using a P-Solid...but, is there a way to do this using a framing tool?  

Thanks

Try building a 4x2 floor beam and defining the location.

Thanks guys...both methods work but I like Scott's method a little better because choosing "General Framing" puts the item on a "Cad, Framing" layer...and the "beam" method puts it on the "Framing, floor beams" layer...which works better for me.  

But...both ideas are great and helped me learn something this morning.  Thanks much!

59 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Thanks guys...both methods work but I like Scott's method a little better because choosing "General Framing" puts the item on a "Cad, Framing" layer...and the "beam" method puts it on the "Framing, floor beams" layer...which works better for me.  

But...both ideas are great and helped me learn something this morning.  Thanks much!

Thanks Steve,  I never realized this....  actually you are wrong.....  it goes on the CAD,  DEFAULT layer,  not the CAD,  FRAMING layer........why would they do this? ....  is there an advantage?  Interesting.

5 minutes ago, dshall said:

Thanks Steve,  I never realized this....  actually you are wrong.....  it goes on the CAD,  DEFAULT layer,  not the CAD,  FRAMING layer........why would they do this? ....  is there an advantage?  Interesting.

Actually you are both wrong...and right.  It goes onto your Current CAD Layer whatever that might be.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Actually you are both wrong...and right.  It goes onto your Current CAD Layer whatever that might be.

I think it should go on the CAD,  FRAMING layer period......  maybe this should be a request?