Optimizing / Organizing X9 Folder Locations

RobUSMC

I want to make sure I have the best set up for Chief.  My PC consists of three separate drives. C & D drives (both HHD) were stock when purchased,  I added a 1 TB SSD which is "S" drive.  I have folder / file locations on different drives. I do save any working project plan files and layout in the same directory.  I've attached screen shots of the locations of my X-9 Folders and would appreciate any input.   I want to also make it as easy as possible to copy and paste data from my PC to either my laptop or to one of my interns (out of state) that has CA and works on plans for school and me.  Going to my laptop would be either over WiFi network or a flash drive.  My intern laptop would either be a large data transfer service or via Dropbox.   See attached.   Thanks for any input.  Rob

X-9 App Install Location.JPG

X-9 Folder Locations.JPG

X-9 New Plan File Location.JPG

X-9 Spec Drawings for Layout Import.JPG

X-9 Spec Drawing Folders for Layout Import.JPG

X-9 Ruby.JPG

Rob,

I would put the both the Data & Project Folders on the SSD and use Dropbox for the following Folders:

• S:\Dropbox\Chief Architect Premier X9 Data\
  • S:\Dropbox\Chief Architect Projects\X9\

On other computers the drive letter might be different but basically all Projects and Data Files are synced by Dropbox.  It takes a little bit of work to set up Dropbox correctly on each computer but once it's done you are always current on all systems.

• 2 weeks later...

Putting data files on Dropbox would be affected in there is a network or internet failure I would assume.  Are you speaking of the DB folder on the PC?

The what is the best way to get my intern which is out of state my user library that is constantly having items added so we remain sync'ed up.  Usually she can get the library but will be missing tons of the texture files.   Usually tiles that I have imported